How I felt the majority of 2016:
I’d like to take a moment to reflect on 2016… There that’s it. I’ve taken the moment. Thanks for nothing you dick punch of a year!
Now on to the hopefulness that the new year brings. For many of us this is the time to make resolutions, though I realize that many of us have already fallen off the wagon. (I tried not to eat a cookie today.) Well so much for that one, but I only really have a couple of resolutions, and so I think that makes my job in 2017 a little easier.
Here is my short list:
- Keep to my word count – 1,000 words a day (Including novels, posts, short stories)
- Submit 2 literary submissions to agents a day (This is quite low, but should be quite doable given the abundance of agents…many of whom have not seen the brilliance of my work.)
- Get to the Jiu Jitsu mats more – 3x a week (in aggregate – I’m including time in here for the likely bumps/bruises/my general bitchassness)
- Get the boys to school early enough to make “snack time”. (Translated: Get them the hell out of the house for my sanity’s sake.)
- Last but not least – Be a better dad/husband. (Have no idea how to do it but I’ll try.)
That seems like such a manageable enough list that I won’t fuck it up! (I left out the cookies. One can’t expect miracles!)
Here’s looking at you 2017!
© J. Manuel